Friday, March 4, 2011

My mommy is here!

Ok, I admit it. No matter how old I am I still need my mommy. It has been so difficult with her still living in California and us moving to Texas. I miss her. Plain and simple. It is such a treat when she comes and visits. She made me french toast for breakfast yesterday. Come on, you gotta love that.

One of my the favorite things that we do when she visits is cook a ton of Greek food. Today is no exception. On the menu: Baklava, Spanakopeta (spinach pie), Dolmathes (stuffed grape leaves),Tirotrigona (cheese triangles) and Stifado (beef stew). The only thing missing is Pastitsio ( baked macaroni with a white/egg sauce) and my favorite cookies Paximathia (biscotti). Maybe later in the week we can make those.

It's quite ambitious, I hope we can get all the cooking done!  We also have trips planned to the Fort Worth stockyard, the Dallas arboretum, the Market Center and a few movies too.

Oh yea, good times. :)

No comments: