Thursday, March 31, 2011

Elizabeth Jekot Breast Imaging Center



Office: 214.442.7050

3301 E. Renner Rd
Suite 100
Richardson, TX 75082



At the risk of oversharing... I wanted to tell my story at the Elizabeth Jekot Breast Imaging Center.  I was more than happy with my experience and wanted to give her a shout out.

It's one of those doctor appointments that we all have to schedule and frankly, it's just not fun. And this appointment was for diagnostic which can be a scary experience. This was my first visit to her center and from the moment I walked into the building till the moment I left (almost 2 hours later) I was so impressed.  The facilities, staff, and most importantly Dr. Jekot herself are first class.. The facilities are huge and the staff was professional and courteous.

Dr. Jekot was taking care of a patient before me and couldn't see me right away after the x-rays were taken. The technician, Stacy, came into the waiting room to give me an update explaining that the doctor was running behind but would be with me shortly. About 10 minutes later, Stacy ran into the waiting room to tell me everything looked good. They didn't want me to worry one moment longer than necessary. Wow. I've never had that experience before. And, yes, it was a relief to hear.

When I did see Dr. Jekot the first thing she did was to apologize for being late. In her words, "Some patients need a little extra love and attention and I'm so sorry that I am running behind. Now that I am here you have my full attention for as long as you need it."  I've never had a doctor say that to me before. The best part was you could tell it was sincere.

She explained that to be safe she wanted to also perform a sonogram and then found something during that process. She ordered me back into the xray room for a few more views.  I was thinking thank you, please be safe....  I don't mind the extra time and additional x-rays. Turned out not to be anything, and now I'm now I'm assured that I am good to go without any worries.

After the second set of x-rays Stacy showed me to a consult room. To my surprise Dr. Jekot was in there waiting for me just to see if I had any more questions and to follow up with her findings. Again, WOW. Never had that happen before either. I know that I always think of things to ask at the end of the appointment but at that point the dr. is long gone.

I encourage all my local female friends, clients, and random people who read this to visit her Center when the time comes. As you can tell I highly recommend it.

Here is her info and website:  http://www.jekotbreastimagingcenter.com/index.htm

No comments: