Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A real winner? Or just a little cheating?

My hubby and I were eating dinner with my son at Mooyah Burger - yum veggie burgers - and during dinner my phone beeped that it's now my turn on "Words with Friends".  Being new to the game I'm still excited to hear that beep and to see what my opponent played.

This particular game I'm playing my good friend Susan and frankly she is kicking my butt. I mean really, how do you get 32 points out of "hole"?  My regular play method is to literally make words up when I have no high scoring words available. One time I just started "farting" around while playing  with the letter "Q" and tried QAT on a triple word square and it worked. I started laughing out loud and my hubby could hear me from the other end of the house. He asked me what was so funny and I yelled back, "you will see". Two minutes later I heard him scream, "Qat? What does that even mean?" I don't know what it meant, but it did work for 36 points. lol  My point being I'm not the best at this... so back to dinner with my son...

I started complaining that I have no good letters and I need a high score to kick some butt back to Susan. Well, Conner, my son, pulled out his iphone and said what is your rack of letters? I told him and two seconds later he said try, blah blah blah. I never would of thought of that word but it was great and a high score.

Now of course my curiosity was up on how he came up with that word on his iphone no less. It took him a while to confess he cheats on Words with Friends and hasn't lost a game yet. Did you know there is a website dedicated to helping you to cheat? Is that fair? I can only hope that is how Susan is kicking my butt. lol  And, if everyone is doing it, should I use that cheat website too? Do you agree ahead of time that you both will or will not use the site? Or do you keep quiet and assume everyone is cheating too?

At least I know that I don't have to cheat to beat my husband, which he is not taking well. Especially since he is a much better speller than me and he thought he would destroy me. But, he doesn't play around with words to see what he can make up either?  Remember Qat?

No comments: