Thursday, April 7, 2011

I know it's time, but I'm not ready!

We've been talking about my daughter leaving for college for the last several years, but yesterday she got her confirmation that she has been accepted to UNT. It hit me like a ton of bricks. And, truth be told, I was crying all day yesterday. Yeah, yeah, I know it's the circle of life and progressive of things, but doesn't mean I have to like it!

My son came home and saw me crying and ran up to me to put his arms around me and ask me what was wrong. He thought someone died! When I told him how sad I was that Cate will be moving out, he had the nerve to a laugh at me. He doesn't understand, he's not a mom. Only a mom knows what I'm talking about. Okay, dads too.

When my daughter came home I just lost it and starting crying again and she pretty much laughed at me too and gave me a big hug. Then all night proceeded to rub it in with little quips like, "We need to start apartment hunting" and "We will have to start shopping for furniture too".  Ha ha, not funny. Maybe in a few years it will be funny but not now.

We are extremely close, we talk, we hug, we laugh together everyday. I'm going to miss you my sweet girl. I've called her sweet girl her whole life and it is fitting. I'm one proud mama. She is kind, sensitive, mature, good natured,  thoughtful, and just plain beautiful on the inside and out. Really? What do you expect? I'm her mom and I'm allowed to brag. :)

UNT is lucky to have her. Cate, you better call everyday and come home often. Just warning you now.

Here are a few of my fav's from our masquerade session.



Love you sweet girl. Make me proud.

No comments: