Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cool App Sat - Halftone

How cool is it to transform your images into cartoons? Well, I think pretty cool.

You can choose from 9 different types of "paper",  type text inside the  boxes and add the cool words in the fun multi colored fonts like "BLAM!", "ARRRGGH!", "NOOOO!" or even a cloud of smoke. There are 21 different "stamps" to choose from with customizable colors.




I remember how fun and dare I even say important comic books were to me and my three brothers growing up. My fav was Richie Rich. Quick, easy reading as a young kid and a great introduction to books. My brothers had hundreds. Couldn't tell you which ones, but I do remember the huge stack and us spending hours reading them together. Those are good memories. Maybe that's why I like this app so much.

I could see making a very short cartoon with three or four images and having your kids help with wording and the story line. The possibilities are endless.

This is designed by Juicy Bits and the download is 99 cents.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/02/23/halftone-iphone-app-gives-your-photos-that-old-time-newspaper-lo/

So Pow, Bam, Oh my Gosh, go check it out!

No comments: