Friday, August 31, 2007

Cuties!






This is another one of my favorite families to photograph! I first met them when Christopher was 3 years old. Well, I have been photographing them every year since! I love it when the mom calls me up 3 months before their portrait is due and asks what are we going to do this year and what should the kids wear. She always does an amazing job with the wardrobe and she also comes up with great ideas. She told me a great story about Hannah. She is in brownies and the brownie leader was trying to take her photograph with the school Principal (whom I also photographed his family portrait) and she started to cry and said, "Only Karyn can take my picture". Boy, did that put a big smile on my face. How cute! Their Dad is wonderful too. I love it when he is able to accompany us on our sessions. He works for George Lucas and understands lighting and the whole mechanics behind photographing a session. He is the best assistant I've ever had. He carries all my gear, seems to be able to read my mind on what I need, and I don't have to explain how to hold my reflector! As you can tell. This family is near and dear to my heart. I had a hard time selecting only these images to post. I loved so many of them. Hannah loves to pose for me and it's a piece of cake to photograph her. Christopher on the other hand is a pretty typical boy. He'll pose for me because he is a sweetie.

No comments: