Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Kari






This is one of my favorite families
to photograph!

I have been photographing Kari every year since she was 13 months old. Boy, I have seen a lot of change this year in
particular. She is not a "little" girl anymore.

They live about 2 hours away from my old studio in California and would drive to see me all the time. So, this year when I found out that they were vacationing in Calistoga, I went to them.

They stayed at this beautiful resort that had a small grove of pineapple trees, a perfect backdrop! I love this image of her. She looks so grown up.

The resort also had a wonderful pool house with these great orange curtains. I couldn't resist.

I photographed Kari and her parents until it got too dark to continue. Then just as we were going to through in the towel, overhead lighting came on. The ambient glow was so beautiful, that I got Kari to pose for me for another hour . She definitely earned big kudos from me. She was a trouper!

No comments: