Saturday, September 1, 2007

Deep Ellum


I've been trying to get to Deep Ellum for a while now to photograph
the area and see what is available for different locations.
Remember, I'm a native Californian.


I brought my husband and two kids with me to model. They were really good, considering it was a Friday night.

I love the "artistic" feel of the area and all the beautiful wall art (graffiti)! We didn't spend too much time in any one area because we were losing light and there was so much to see.

These are some of my favorite images. How observant how you? Did you notice that I put Conner in the reflection of the window and me too, only because I'm the mom!

Just as we were almost done, in front of the Sunshine Store we met the owner, Ms. Ruth a sweet older women who makes her own jewelry and sells other artist's work. She was trying to photograph her jewelry with a film camera and no meter! I was glad to help her out and photograph her jewelry for her.

And, then we met one of the other artists, Michael Crone, and his company's name is "nuttkace ltd". Got to love the name. Well, my daughter feel in love with his painting. We had to have it for her room, which she just painted dark purple! It's so her.

Went out to dinner afterwards and we ended up having a lot of fun together! :)

Go check out the Sunshine store at 2714 Elm Street if you are looking for something funky and fun!

1 comment:

Stitchlip's World (the art of Levi Glassrock) said...

If you still have the pics of Sunshine's jewelry please send them to thesunshinestore@ymail.com, It would be greatly appreciated! Thank you again!!