Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Deb's Recipe a Day

For all those food lovers out there that enjoy cooking I have to share Deb's Recipe a Day blog with you! Her name is Deb Keith and she lives in Novato, Ca.  We have know each other since our kids were in preschool together. Yes, our kids are in college now, so it has been a very long time.

What I love most is her recipes are simple but oh so tasty. My favorite part is how she will take a simple prepackage food but twists it around adds her creative flair for cooking and then it is an amazing dish and tastes like you spend hours cooking over that hot stove!

Here is an example:

Klock Kahlua Kake

This is an amazing cake recipe given to me by my friend Cynthia Klock (I did tweak it a little). We used it for a wine pairing for her winery.  It is so delicious! xo

1 Box Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix, with chocolate pieces or comparable
8 Ounces Non Fat Greek Yogurt
3 Eggs
1/2 C Olive Oil
1/2 C Kahlua

Mix all ingredients until well blended. Place in a Bundt, loaf or cake pan.   Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and cracked on top.



She gave me one to try and that was all I needed...Yes, I went to Costco yesterday and bought that huge box of Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix. Can't wait to bake it myself.

Here is her bio:
I love to cook and to inspire others to cook! So let's get cookin' together! I have catered for many years, written restaurant menus, had a small gourmet food line and developed food products as a consultant for Trader Joe's. Tried out for the Next Food Network Star, no callback yet but there is always next year! So, make the recipes & ask questions! But most of all have fun and be creative with your food! It's not hard to create amazing dishes in an easy way! I also teach cooking classes! Let me know if you'd like to set one up!


Here is the link to her blog: http://debsrecipeaday.blogspot.com/


Silly girl was using a picture I took of the two of us with my iphone for her profile pic. As cute as it is, I wanted her to have a professional looking image. So after breakfast we walked into the parking lot with some trees and I photographed her new profile pic. I love it. It's her.



No comments: