Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Conner!

Today is my baby's birthday. Of course you know he's not a baby, he's 19!  Yes, all those cliché's are true. Where does the time go? Seems like only yesterday! etc. But, OMG How do I have two kids in college? I mean really? Where does the time go?

Enjoy your children, don't be anxious for them to grow up because it will happen soon enough all on its own. I thought it would be fun to go back and look at some of Conner's images over the years and I'm so grateful that I have them. Trying to find "good" images of me as a kid is difficult. There are some, but not a lot, and almost NONE of my hubby. So please.... capture images of your children so you can take your own stroll down memory lane.  And, even more important let your children take that stroll too! And put a date on the image. You think you will remember, but you won't.

Here is Conner's stroll through memory lane:

First Birthday!

Oh how I use to love to comb his hair like this. Grease it up and flip it over, I remember that is how my mom combed my brother's hair. So, It has to be right. Right?
First day of School - 5th Grade

I would bring my camera on the first day of school and photograph all the kids in both of my children's classes. That was so much fun. One of the teachers later told me that they use to fight over who would get my kids in their classes because they loved the photo's that I would give them each year. Glad to hear it was appreciated!


This is Conner's 11 Year Old Portrait. I would take their portrait every Birthday and Christmas. Actually, I still do! Though Conner is a little tricky to pin down and I've missed a few years. Look how much he has grown in one year!   So Handsome.


We would love to get up early on Saturday morning and go watch him play sports. Boy, do I miss those days. I LOVE his dirty face after a game. He is 12.


Here is his hippy stage! lol  He was 14 and loved his long hair and guitar. He is a natural on guitar! I have a confession, this is a reproduction with my cell phone. Not the original image. Like you couldn't tell? Look at that huge difference between 12 and 14!




Wow, jump to present day and he is a man. A handsome one at that. Happy Birthday Conner! We love you.

Thanks for taking the stroll with me down memory lane.





No comments: