Monday, June 13, 2011

Mav's Win!

Wow it seems that all of my favorite teams have been winning the championships lately.

1 -  The New Orleans Saints. Of course I would have preferred it to be the SF 49ers, but you can't have everything. Besides our time is coming... I know it, I can feel it.

2 - The San Francisco Giants. OMG, I still get goose bumps when I think about them winning The Series.  Is a repeat asking for too much?

3 - Now The Dallas Mavericks. Really, I'm not a basketball fan. Well, not until our good friends Mike and Kristine took us to a game this season and it got me in the "spirit" of the game. Then with the Mav's being in The Finals and then to eventually win it. Wow, so dang cool!!!

I must admit it is kind of nice to be able to root for a Texas team and to be able to see all the games on TV.  I was never a basketball fan while I lived in Cali so I never had an affiliation with the SF Warriors. I couldn't even tell you one member of the team so I don't feel like I'm cheating on my home team. lol

I love the camaraderie the whole town feels, even the energy in the air when your local team wins the Big One! I appreciate that the Mav's are first class too. They deserved to win.

Why is it that sports has such a major impact on us all. I love watching my favorite teams play, especially when they win. Really, it's just a game. But, man oh man, what a game it is!

How sweet it is!

Congratulations Mavs!

No comments: