Friday, June 14, 2013

Banana Oat Cookies...The Bomb!

You know how I love my healthy food and especially healthy cookies. Let's be honest everyone likes to snack on junk food, I just like mine to be healthy.  lol

I found this recipe on Facebook and made them today. Omg, they are the bomb. Here is the recipe:




As you can see there is no "how to" instructions on this recipe, so, this is what I discovered.

1 - I made it using my KitchenAid Automatic Mixer, well it mixed too well.
     So I added:
     1 additional cup of oats and I mixed quick and rolled. (3 cups total)
     3/4 cup Gluten Free Flour - probably 1/2 of cup would have been fine and let it sit for 15 minutes.
Again, I only added those two ingredients because it was too "mushy".  Perhaps, if I used a wooden spoon instead it would have been fine. But, I was glad i did, it produced more Cookies! 36 to be exact.

2 - I added 1/4 cup brown sugar and half a bag of Trader Joe's Chocolate Chips. Come on, it's a cookie and I only added half of the bag. And, I'm so glad that I did. It was the magic ingredient.

3 - I sprinkled Shredded Coconut on top.  I'm a sucker for Coconut and I add it to everything. Even my broccoli!


4 - I used an 1/8 cup as my scooper to put the mix on a greased cookie sheet and for the first batch I didn't pat down the batter and they were quite thick. For the second batch I squished it down with the bottom of the scooper and it was perfect.

5 - Mine cooked for 15-17 minutes.


I dare you to only eat one! So, delicious and healthy. Well, minus the Chocolate Chips and they are super healthy. Enjoy!


No comments: