Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Gift to the active Military!

Yesterday's post about my dad is still sitting with me. There isn't a day I don't think about my dad and how much I miss him. How he provided for his family of 6, taught me to ride a bike, and took me and my three brothers to all the James Bond and John Wayne movies.

He was so very talented in many areas. He was a wonderful painter,  fabulous cook, reupholster, leather craftsman (I still have a purse he tooled with a beautiful design and then sewn together), and a mechanic who could fix anything.  Plus, his years of service to our country, with his rough conditions to serve could not have been easy. After all, he was just a young man who grew into a wonderful family man. An everyday man that we cherish who did the right thing.

Well, I started digging around looking for the other image I knew I had of my father when he served. This is just too good not to share. Wasn't my dad handsome?



This started me thinking about all those other young men and women serving their country who are missing their families and perhaps without a family portrait to cherish. I can't help but put the two items together. After all, I am missing my dad, thinking about our freedom and how much I enjoy my family portraits. I know it's not easy to afford professional photography on a military income. This is where I can help. God has blessed me with such a wonderful gift to capture moments in time to be remembered forever. Corny I know, but it's true and how I feel. I look back on images that I have taken of my kids when they were young and it still melts my heart. Or the great images I have of my parents when they were in high school, their wedding images, and even the photographs my mom had taken of all of us as kids.

Our military gives us so much, so now I would like to give to them. All active military personnel will receive a 50% discount on the creation fee and 25% discount on all images.  I want you all to have and cherish what I have.

God Bless.

No comments: