Friday, October 15, 2010

Improving my Craft!

As a general rule we photographers are a generous group. We teach, demonstrate and share our knowledge with each other. No matter how many years you have owned your studio there is always something to learn. Especially, with the explosion of digital. Before we were mainly photographers, now we are retouch artists, graphic designers and printers! Boy, that was a huge learning curve.

Well, In the next several days I have a wonderful opportunity to learn from some of the best. Yesterday I took an all day class from Michael Corsentino on Lightroom (a software program that is linked into photoshop).

Monday I'm taking an all day class from the one and only Matthew Jordan Smith. It's a rare opportunity that he is coming to Dallas and can't be missed. Matthew is frequently on America's Next Top Model and photographs fashion. One of the most classiest gentleman I have ever met and I'm honored to call him my friend as well.

Tuesday's class is from Clay Blackmore teaching video. So now to add another feather in our caps we are going to become movie producers, directors, camera persons and editors. Wow what an ever changing profession. I'm just trying to stay current.

I also believe that once you have learned a certain amount it's your turn to share as well. I love teaching! If you would have told me 10 years ago that I would be up on stage lecturing I would have laughed at you. Now I'm proud to say that I have been lecturing the fine art of photographing for almost nine years. But, this week It's my turn to learn and I can't wait.

No comments: