Monday, October 11, 2010

I love all kinds of Art!

A couple of years ago my husband and I took a long weekend get away to Santa Fe, NM and 90% of our trip was looking at art galleries. I was in heaven. I find it inspirational to my craft as well as I'm in awe of the talent out there.

It has been a long time since I was able to spend that much time looking and enjoying art. I was so happy to attend the Cottonwood Art Festival last weekend, one of the best festivals around for art and again I was in heaven. I went Saturday with Friends where I collected cards of my favorite artists then went back on Sunday with my daughter Cate, who also loves art. I don't know where she gets it. lol

Well, Saturday night I spent hours on their websites deciding on who I wanted to go back and revisit and hopefully purchase. I would like to share my favorite four artists with you. They are each unique and wonderful in their own way.

Tanya Doskova
She is a digital artist, which I can relate too. She spends a lot of time on the computer but she starts from a sketch that she drew. I love her sense of humor!

Trish Biddle
She is a local artist and uses oil, acrylic, water color and charcoal. Her work is available in reproduction at most national retailers. I enjoyed talking with her very much and find her very inspirational.

Daniela & Vladimir Ovtcharov
A wife and husband team born in Sofia Bulgaria. Both of them are amazing and I was in Awe! One day I hope to own an original.

Alla Tsank
I was moved when looking at her work. She is a sweetheart and very down to earth and humble. I was lucky enough to buy two of her pieces. I can't wait for them to arrive. When they do arrive I will take a photograph of them and post! I can't wait to share my love of art with you all.

I hope you enjoy checking out their websites as much as I did. And, for my fellow art lovers out there I strongly suggest you attend the next Cottonwood Art Festival.


No comments: