Sunday, April 21, 2013

Finally! A healthy and delicious Cookie

If you follow my blog or know me then you know I'm kind of a health freak. Don't know where it developed from but... I have been on a health quest since I was in jr. high.

I'm always looking for good healthy junk food. Yes, I eat junk food just not your traditional junk food. Well, most of the time. Lol. I came across this recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks: Weight Watchers. Though, I tend to always "tweak" the recipe's. And, I have tried a lot of healthy recipe's that tasted awful! So now you know why I'm so thrilled to find this one.


The cookies are simply called, "Apple-Oatmeal Cookies". They are the bomb.  Two points if made as recipe suggests. Mine version is lower. They only contain 1/2 cup of brown sugar. The apple supplies the rest of the sugar. Yes, fruit is loaded with sugar.


Here is the recipe:


What I changed:

-I only used egg whites (to lower the calories)
-Gluten free rice flour instead of white flour
-No raisins, though I bet that would of been good
-I added about 2 tablespoons of PB2.
      I provided the link. (This dried peanut butter requires a whole blog post on its own. And, I prefer                              the chocolate flavor)

You can mix it up any way you like. My best suggestion is to double the recipe. You'll want more. Enjoy!

No comments: